Bukit Mertajam Best Yam Rice

The best [tag]yam rice[/tag] in [tag]Bukit Mertajam[/tag] 大山脚 can be found in the town area, below IBM tution centre. I used to have my tuition class here during my high school days for some of the teachers are really good. FYI my father teaches Form 6 Physics here too :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A set for 2 costs RM9.60, that’s with additional pork meat balls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is very easy to know if the yam rice is ‘ho liao’ (good) or not. Notice the white chunks? Those are yam, the more the better.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Extra meat balls for me because they are very sweet and tender. The soup tastes sourish because they boil it with salted vegetables. That’s the taste to keep you appetized!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On a side note, it was the first time I tasted umbra semboi.. Not really my kind of juice lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A set for 2 costs RM9.60, that’s with additional pork meat balls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

15 Comments on “Bukit Mertajam Best Yam Rice

1. Hi BM Kia,

Can you let me know more details of the location? Where is IBM tution center?

Thanks.

2. Hi, I love your blog ! Mind to exchange links ? Email me if you are interested

Cheers,
    Edward

3. coketai – IBM tuition centre is just behind the big Lau Yu food court. Let’s say you are exiting the train station, go straight and take the first right turn. Keep following the road and take the left turn at the junction. Then you will see IBM already.

Edward – Would love to but you have given an invalid blog address :P

4. Thanks a lot. visit on day when I am back to Penang.

5. Oh….the more yam the better?….i always tot a good yam rice must be very fragrant with ingredients like dried shrimps….I luv yam rice : )

6. XiuxIn

Eh… BM kia, do you know sentosa there? My friend they like to there to eat their yam rice. And I think my grandmama and me prefer Juru’s Yam rice. Keke…

7. Hi,
    I am a BM gal who is currently residing in Los Angeles. I accidentally bumped into your blog few days ago and truly enjoyed every food articles that you have here. Many of them are the good old places that I used to eat at. Very happy to see them online, especially I am so far away from home.
    My family and I like this yam rice a lot. Each time when I go back home, this yam rice is one of the must!
    Keep up the good work and hope to see more good food from here!

8. You have an excellent blog to promote yummy delicious Penang Food. Would you like to exchange links with my blog? I have already added you to my links.

9. Ramesh

Hi BM Kia ! I love Oh Pui [Yam Rice]. I always frequent the one at taman sentosa but of course the one at IBM is equally ho chiak . I hav settled down in KL 4 almost 14yrs .. does any one of u know where 2 get Yam Rice at KL or PJ

10. Ramesh, I think the easiest way to find Yam Rice in KL/PJ area would be Bak Kut Teh stalls. I was there for a couple of years. I don’t recall seeing any stalls specializing in yam rice. Most people would have yam rice for bak kut teh instead of white rice.

If we could open a stall there we would make a fortune haha!

11. Huaaa lau, my kolig BM-kia oso bring me there. Dem syok man. I like it very much.

***Two Thumbs Up if you like to eat pok ***

12. Pingback: Yam Rice @ Taman Sentosa, Bukit Mertajam | Malaysia Food Blog, Malaysia Travel Blog

13. i wan to try but i can’t!argh!!bcuz……is too far…i live in kuala lumpur……n it is very expensive…but probably worthy man!

14. mi

u stay at BM (AIA)? The yam rice is damn good taste.

15. Pingback: Best Yam Rice @ Jalan Murthy, Bukit Mertajam | Malaysia Food Blog, Malaysia Travel Blog