Long Beach Cafe

There are a few places to eat in [tag]Batu Feringghi[/tag], and [tag]Long Beach Cafe[/tag] is one of them. Among all, I think this has got to be the one with most foreign customers. So the food here is more expensive than the usual in [tag]Penang[/tag].

IMG_0161 copy

Because there are too many tourists here, even locals are sometimes mistaken as foreigners. The uncle at the grilled seafood stall talked to me in English lol, until I replied him with Hokkien. They have stingray, crab, prawn and squid but clams. The Kam Heong squid is RM10 for the smallest size, tasted good and went very well with rice.

IMG_0167 copy

Pineapple fried rice at RM5, nothing to write home about but the ingredients are aplenty! I gotta try their tuna fried rice one day. Sounds weird but who knows, it may be really good.

IMG_0162 copy

These spring roles cost RM3 per piece, pricey eh. To me it’s pretty ordinary, stuffed with Chinese sausages and vegetables.

IMG_0168 copy

Chicken chop @ RM7, big portion and yummy especially the buns. Another *ahem* attraction in Batu Feringghi would the night markets along the hotels. It stretches as far a few hundred meters! And it also happens to be the place to get cheapest pirated DVDs in the whole island. At only RM4 per disc, no wonder the kwai los are so happy..

IMG_0161 copy

IMG_0167 copy

IMG_0162 copy

IMG_0168 copy

18 Comments on “Long Beach Cafe

1. OOooo.. they look so nice to be eaten.

2. OMiG….the kam heong sotong looks fantastic lar…

3. man.. all the food look so delicious.. I am drooling….
    the kam heong sotong and the chicken chop got my attention the most!

4. red.dot

hi,i think the special spring roll looks like “choon pniah”…. u tried that b4? normally,they would have crab meat, etc…inside.
    very few places in penang hv this.

5. Gregory

Can I hire you to be my wedding photographer? 5 hours in the evening, July 21, in Penang.

6. yr site is a tang chiak hua hee type of place so we shud come more often !

7. Gregory – Wow, I am really flattered by your invitation. But I am not a professional photographer so I would have to say ‘no’ to your hiring. I know my photographing skills very well lol. I would be more than happy to be a free wedding photographer for you though! Please let me to bring along a friend too :)

8. Gregory

Hi VKeong, Sent you an email yesterday, if you haven’t read it yet. (June 29th, 2007). Hope to hear from you soon. :)

9. Gregory, don’t worry I got your email =D

10. Pingback: My blog appeared in The Star! » Malaysia Food and Travel Blog

11. Pingback: Long Beach cafe, Batu Feringghi, Penang | Best recipes, foods and travel

12. Guest

I like your blog. Can I have your email address?

13. Hi there Guest, my email address is vkeong [at] yahoo [dot] com. Hope you get that :) I don’t want to attract spammers. Thanks for visiting my blog.

14. Pingback: Wedding Photography: Gregory and Susan | Malaysia Food and Travel Blog

15. bubby963

Wow the food you’ve shown is really nice
    I was at long beach almost every night when I stayed at the Golden Sands last summer :)
    You should try the chapati or the other foods at the fish stall because I remember 1 being very nice

16. sally dobson

just do not try the pancakes i know their dirty secrets!

17. Guest

I agreed, the place is very dirty and old, so I didn’t go there, before dinner, I strolled along the stretch of night markets and bought some funny t-shirts and souvenirs. Remember to bargain with those stalls. They quoted the price of the t-shirt at RM25 but hubby managed to get it for only RM15 per tee. I saw some really cute piggies shape salt and pepper shakers which are so adorable. Also check out those lamp shades there.
    Behind the night market, I found that a new food court – “FERRINGHI FOOD GARDEN” (opposited the “HAPPY MART”), there is clean and comfortable and the food is nice, I and my wife went to there for 2 days, we tasted Satay, Dumplings, Tandoori, Laksa, Crispy Aromatic Duck, Japanese food and Philippines food.

18. Neil

Hi there, does anyone know if this food court is open during Chinese New year in Jan? Thanks