BBQ Seafood Buffet Part 4

ATTENTION! Due to many complaints received in my blog’s comments on G Hotel’s BBQ Seafood Dinner, please be informed vkeong.com no longer recommends this. From my experience it was fine but many people complained about the food quality, variety and some even complained of discomfort after that. So all G Hotel BBQ Seafood related posts will serve only as a reference for the food you will find there. I regret any bad experiences you’ve had if you went for the buffet after viewing my blog. Thank you.

G Hotel

Since a lot of people are actually interested (lol) in my G Hotel [tag]Seafood Buffet[/tag] posts, lets keep it going. [tag]G Hotel[/tag]‘s lobby is one of the biggest I have been to. Compare the size of an adult in the photo and you can imagine the spaciousness. Down the lobby through the glass doors, on the left would be where [tag]G Cafe[/tag] is located. If you turned right you will reach Gurney Plaza instead.

interior

Interior of G Cafe.

cheese

This is the place to get fruits, hand rolled California sushi and crackers with cheese.

oysters

More raw oysters for you to drool over with. The oysters are replenished very often so you don’t have to worry about its availability, even if they get taken a lot.

salmon
prawns

In my opinion [tag]BBQ[/tag] prawns taste much better than steamed ones. The prawns’ shells are easier to peel too.

BBQ Seafood
tea

Beverage wise, guests are only served with iced plain water. Tea and coffee are available too but you will have to request from the waiters, these are included in the buffet. You may even opt for free flow of in-house wine for RM48 extra. And lastly, if you are offered fruit juice, keep in mind that they are considered add-ons to your existing bill. Luckily I asked before ordering, I still remember the looks on some whom ordered the fruit juice. Judging from their expression, obviously they were surprised with the amount lol. Anyway for those who still do not know, it’s RM68++ per pax for the BBQ seafood dinner. And if you ask me, is the buffet good? I would say it was above expectation. Is it worth RM68? Very worth if you love raw seafood, the unlimited supply of raw [tag]oyster[/tag]s and salmon should make you a very happy person that night :P

[tag]G Hotel Contact[/tag] Information –

Website: www.ghotel.com.my
Tel: 604 2380000, for buffet inquiries ask then to connect you to G Cafe
Fax: 604 2380088
Email: info@ghotel.com.my

1. BM cha bor says:

wah, really so mouthwatering yummie… Feel like taking the flight back to Penang and go straight to G Hotel for the seafood buffet. I stayed in G Hotel during CNY. This hotel is very nice designed & decorated. Located at superb strategic location too.

2. e-Leng says:

I love the oysters. Haha! It’s the best of the lot! You forgot to show the Malaysian food. Show it in your next post!

3. momo says:

this buffet is operate from what time to what time.start? then closed?

4. These food looks good la!!!!

5. jason says:

Wuah… so nice! You can actually eat alot leh

6. tempting! Ngam sai ngor !

7. vkeong says:

momo, for BBQ Seafood Buffet it’s held every Friday and Saturday from 7pm-10.30pm

8. Pat says:

I just want to say I love your blog with all the yummilicious photos. Never been to G hotel either, I am going back to penang for about 2 weeks this coming december. Gonna start a list.. not for christmas but for my tummy rather. Thankz and keep the photos flowing coz they are the best medicine for a disease called home sick syndrome.

9. Tiger says:

Hey fren, if i wanna make a reservation… u have the contact number or not?

10. vkeong says:

The number I used to contact G Hotel was 04-2380000. Ask for the buffet and they will direct you to the restaurant. Anyway a lot of people have tried the buffet and gave negative response, I am not sure why their experiences differ so much with mine (seafood not fresh, diarrhoea, bad service etc)

Just a heads up!

11. aki says:

actually the price is already increase to RM75++. But still worth it. And i love it having together with my lovely wife.

12. Anonymous says:

can anybody intro me any buffet dinner during tis coming christmas in Penang which the price is reasonable n foods r tasty …

13. baby says:

can anybody intro me buffet dinner in penang during tis christmas which the price is reasonable n foods r tasty …

14. koh says:

will try this New Year eff…if true as u told..gd lah

15. akido says:

aki, thanks for the comment, but we don’t need to know about your lovely wife =)

16. vkeong says:

@akido, let’s be friendly ok?

17. nur farahani says:

that’s a very nice seafood in hotel in penang!!!
    i already try n i will try again next time…the price also suitable with their service!!!~~

18. malhandsome says:

dear friend,

do u’ve BBQ LAND & STEAMBOAT BUFFET KUANG’s phone no at SG BULOH, SELANGOR @ been there? some said d price just below rm20/pax!

regards,

mal handsome

plz sms me +60128624623 or
    email 2 sronoknya@gmail.com

malhandsome’s last blog post..bln sept utk puasa &…