Curry Laksa @ Chicken Cuisine, Glenmarie

This curry laksa @ curry noodle stall is introduced by none other than my dear gf. When she was working as a industrial trainee in [tag]Shah Alam[/tag], her colleagues always brought her to Glenmarie for the famous curry laksa. She has been telling me how good the curry laksa tasted, which I can only ponder. After returning to Cyberjaya to work, I finally have the opportunity to try it.

curry mee

The modus operandi is systematic and seems almost like a human factory for producing your very own bowl of [tag]curry noodle[/tag]s.

curry mee stall

Firstly, you will specify what type of noodles you want. You can choose from bihun, yellow noodle, koay teow or huang di mian. Then, you can opt to ‘ka liu’ (add ingredients) with the array of yong tau fu or curry chicken. Fish ball, brinjal, tau fu pok, fish cake, dumpling are some of the yong tau fu you can add. If you don’t eat si-ham (cockles), this is also where you can ask for it to be omitted. Next, another person will prepare the noodle with the ingredients chosen. Lastly, payment and retrieving the curry noodle you have just customized.

curry mee

This was SL’s curry noodle, with her favorite brinjals and dumplings. Oh my, that looked so tempting and tasty!

curry noodle

Mine, on the other hand only had extra fried dumplings. This curry noodle is also known as curry mee in Penang. The main difference I noticed between Penang and Kuala Lumpur curry mee would be the soup. Penang version’s soup is sweeter and the chili is added separately, so the soup appears white-ish. In KL, curry noodle’s soup is cooked together with chili and the noodles are topped with curry chicken. Because of this, the soup is so much thicker and spicier by default.

curry mee shop

The stall does not have a name but there was a name printed on the t-shirts they were wearing. Too bad I forgot the name, lol. Anyway the curry noodle stall is selling in a coffee shop named Chicken Cuisine. Very recommended if you like thick, rich and spicy curry laksa. It is located in HICOM [tag]Glenmarie[/tag], just after the Shell and Caltex stations. This is the exact address of the coffee shop I got from A Whiff of Lemongrass.

6, Jalan UI/Seksyen UI Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam

curry mee

curry mee stall

curry mee

curry noodle

curry mee shop

6, Jalan UI/Seksyen UI Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam

33 Comments on “Curry Laksa @ Chicken Cuisine, Glenmarie

1. wmw

Looks really good! I love curry noodles with “foo chook”!

wmw’s last blog post..Exotic Enigmatic Egypt! Part 1

vk: yeah it does look good, i love my curry mee with lotsa pig’s blood.. yum yum

2. WOW!!!… I would love to have a bowl of curry noodles now. :P

e-Leng’s last blog post..Sunway Pyramid Suites & Studio

3. Oh, I’ve been here two years ago when I am training a customer in Top Speed.

Simon Seow’s last blog post..Lim Mee Yoke, Cheow Yong, SS2

4. Oh you’ve just reviewed my favourite curry laksa place. I eat the stuff at this coffee shop almost every weekend!

Lyrical Lemongrass’s last blog post..Baan Aa-Haan Thai, Bangsar

5. Cannot tahan curry. Too pedas. T>T

chingy’s last blog post..When the door is broken,

6. wow.. I do miss this type of curry mee which I used to eat in Chee Cheong Kai during my younger days in KL.
    Now can only eat Pg curry mee – without brinjal, cu pei, foo chok….

What2see

ck lam’s last blog post..Teatime Snack & Dessert

vk: Actually there’s a curry mee stall in Butterworth that you can add a lot of stuff. Not yong tau fu loh, but those seafood stuff.. heard a bowl can go up to RM20 if you take the expensive stuff lol. I haven’t try yet.. sigh..

7. KL called it Curry Laksa, Penang called it Curry. But who cares, it looks yummy.

8. The colour… so intense! Love curry noodle with extra topping *drool*

jason’s last blog post..And So, We Had Hakka? Mee

9. Bro,

Actually I love your photos, cos that makes me very tempting to the food u R talking about :)

nice blog BTW……good luck

Regards,

Casey

10. wah, see liao very delicious…but now me cant taste it..haiz…don’t knwo when my sick can get well….

Bibombio Tay’s last blog post..Interview and time clash…sigh

11. Hi, I like this brog.
    I already link to this page.
    If you don’t mind, Please link to my blog that URL

Mr.galle’s last blog post..YEBISU

12. i have such a huge weakness for asam laksa ^_^ my gramma’s from penang so we always beg her to make it (i’ve learnt how!!) maybe one day i’ll post up the recipe when i get to test it out again. :)

new camera, you say?

13. i also meant to say that CURRY MEE and laksa are huge weaknesses ;)
    but asam laksa’s my gramma’s speciality. her curry mee’s as good as O&S too! yknow that famous cornershop in Paramount garden?

14. Pingback: RockYourVote.net

15. XTR

Look like a Singapore Style of “Laksa” (it like containted laksa ingredient so call ‘laksa flower’), taste different from Panang curry mee.

Can’t wait to taste it…………….

16. Hi,

Apparently, my aunt said that the curry mee in Segambut is much nicer. Let’s go and try it one day ya.
    Get well soon. :)

e-Leng’s last blog post..Sunway Pyramid Suites & Studio

17. Pingback: Penang Road Famous Laksa and Ais Kacang | Malaysia Food Blog, Malaysia Travel Blog

18. nd_4ever

The curry laksa is one of the best in my list & it happened that Chicken Cuisine restaurant is located just behind my office in Glenmarie-Hicom Industrial Area, Shah Alam. Their “kon lou” noodles from the same stall is not bad either especially with those “ka liu” stuffs.

19. June

The curry laksa really taste good!!!! When Christmas day i finally have opportunity try it with my bf. Th cockles are serve in large quantity in the noodles!!!! I add on brinjal and dumplings, total cost RM5.90. Maybe somebody will feel a bit expensive for a bowl of curry laksa / curry mee, but i feel worth!!! I never get such curry mee before in alor star. But…the drinks is a bit expensive. We both just order a cup of herbal tea, cost us RM2.00/ cup…haha..almost 100% expensive than others.

20. Carl

I frequent this shop often as I’m working nearby. Do not simply ‘kaliu’ if you are not prepare to fork out irregular pennies .. Additional of 2 pcs of any yong tau foo can simply cost you up to RM8.50 per bowl . There is no fixed price for the foods , all simply shouted by verbal . Also , this shop is well-known for squeezing blood of the working class customers there … And the taukeh niau is the chief pirate turned businesswoman… be warned !

21. Carl

The taukeh niau is the fat middle-aged lady u can hear her voices loudly in the shop …

22. clmnt

dis is da best place to find curry laksa…..yummy!!
    i’ve been a regula customer when i use to work aroud dat area…..and dere is a char siew shop at the next block….corner 1……1 of da best char siew too..

vk: Yeah I heard about the Char Siew.. too bad Shah Alam is damn far from where I stay.. if not I would have went and try the Char Siew as well..

23. vince

the curry mee and char siew is not bad! But guess what i found a better one in PJU 1… the curry mee is located in a ipoh white coffee shop and the charsiew is called Rest Seremban Food

24. i living in shah alam and always dont know wat to introduce to my friend when they visit me.
    huhu,
    at last,
    something a bout food in shah alam.
    hahaha.

kimhaur’s last blog post..双星拱月

vk: Hi Kimhuar, actually I have tried another nice food in Shah Alam which was ‘Meng Kee Char Siew’ at Glenmarie, good stuff too

25. eric

me live near the chicken cuisine shop. although i dun like spicy but really gt many customer come eat theri curry mee

vk: I just went back there last Friday to have their curry mee again.. still as nice but a little pricey haha

26. Kruel

not sure whether that’s the name
    but my ex-colleague used to call that stall ‘fei poh kah lih’
    after the tau keh niau i think
    start with only one shop
    now expand to 2 shops liau

27. Babe

I tried this before but still prefer MC Curry Mee in Tmn Sri muda, Shah Alam…

28. Pingback: Penang Road Famous Laksa and Ais Kacang | Malaysia Food Blog, Malaysia Travel Blog

29. Pingback: Bee Tin Curry Mee (Chain Ferry Curry Mee) @ Butterworth | Malaysia Food Blog, Malaysia Travel Blog

30. Anonymous

wow~ thats my dad restaurant~

31. Eat King

Use to be nice but NOW ‘kah liu’ with the foreign workers unhygenic antics. nOTICE Red Hair Geek who is always smoking so drinks will be mixed with cigarette ash. And the Myanmar workers digging their teeth or chewing betel nuts, dirty finger dipping into your food.

Worse of all the Queen and King Pirate, slaughtering you with nice comment ‘Len Chai’ or ‘Len Loy’ like what the earlier comments said.

The Male Boss is crude and rude especially if the business is good. so the curry mee and other is not NICE anymore. Try to look around at the unfinished food around you

32. freddy lazaroo

Try the one in Madras Lane, just opposite the Indian temple in Jln Bandar/behind Jln Petaling and feel the difference and cheaper in price.

33. Ah Teng

cut throat place lor..
    i ate a plate of RM10 chap fan there before….