Famous Pasembur / Indian Rojak @ Kepong

There’s a famous Indian Rojak @ Pasembur stall in Kepong that draws long queues as soon as the stall starts selling. It doesn’t even have a name! So, I had to see it to believe it.

pasembur

Pasembur is also known as Malaysian Indian Salad. It usually consists of shredded cucumber, bean sprouts (taugeh), beancurd (tau fu), prawn fritters, hard boiled egg, potatoes or yam and sotong. The preparation is very simple.. just chop all the ingredients, mix them up and serve with the sweet and spicy nutty sauce.

We had two plates and another to take away and it cost RM11.50. I can’t work out the exact price for one because all our orders were different. Some had extra prawn fritters, some had no sotong lol. The portion may look small, but it was actually very fulling.

Kepong famous pasembur

When I arrived there was really a long queue. And many of them take away at least five or six packets each! So, waiting time is quite long. The uncle is very nice and polite :D When I was queuing up I could smell the [tag]pasembur[/tag] sauce’s aroma even feet away. It made me really impatient to try it lol.

The stall is said to open from 2pm onwards and could finish before 3.30pm. That’s how brisk their business is. This no-name stall is located beside the durian stalls in [tag]Kepong[/tag], just opposite the big church in front of the old roundabout. If you are lost, just ask anyone about the famous Indian rojak near the durian stalls!

1. wmw says:

This is one of those food that I will crave for once in awhile…Gravy is more important!

wmw’s last blog post..Exotic Enigmatic Egypt! Part 6

2. enzymo says:

i LIKE Pasembur also!

3. Paul says:

Hi VK,

Just wondering how to get to this place if i’m coming from Desa Park City? I’m quite new to Kepong actually and not sure where is the old roundabout. Cheers!

4. C K says:

Pardon my ignorance but is pasembur hot (as in chilli hot)? Because it sure looks like it!

Indian salad, that’s a new one. Though I’m certain that it’s real crunchy just by looking at that picture. lol

C K’s last blog post..Sex and the City – unforgettable scenes

5. miss the one at subang..after college go n eat..my my..its been years!

lotsofcravings’s last blog post..Chiaroscuro @ Jalan Bedara

6. Simon Seow says:

WTF? Got some nice food around my proximity and I found it out from a Penang kia? *salute*

Simon Seow’s last blog post..Nicole ‘KISS’ Game Plan For Mr. Potato Contest

7. have u tried the stall at ttdi main road? its pretty good too

8. KiDkillER says:

i love pasemboh too !!
    Normally i buy pasemboh in the kelana jaya LRT station nearby, it’s an indian guy drive a van and sell on the roadside.

KiDkillER’s last blog post..Yuen Steambot Restaurant @ Sunway

9. Jys says:

i don’t know where’s the durian stall, and i also don’t know where’s the old roundabout and i also don’t know where’s the big church.. :p

is it some where near the wai sik gai?

Jys’s last blog post..Have you seen a lift before? What about a lift in a double storey terrace house?

10. Celine Tang says:

I have this rokaj before. He is very clean guy. Love his rojak. But lately, he been “JUAL MAHAL” doesn’t really open his stall.

vk: Hmm I am not sure about this but he does open kinda late in the afternoon.. still, many people will queue up to buy from him lol

11. Yvonne says:

Uncle earned a lot d.. sometimes din open one.. no notice at all..
    sigh..

12. dolly says:

is really delicious..still remember tat when i still small my papa everyweek oso tabau for us…now de uncle seldom 2 do edy loz..mostly is his son selling loz..is really need 2 Q very very long!!

13. Anonymous says:

nothing special

14. Geetha says:

Trust me.. the food there is really nice!! superb…

15. kokhsien says:

best is in subang SS15 i think.. near the KFC

16. Anonymous says:

Realy super taste…. Very2 Long2 Q, but very fast service..

17. Anonymous says:

mmemang sedap gila…rasa sekali mesti datang lagi mcm gian pulak…

18. Anonymous says:

btol!btol!btol…mmg sedap

19. TARfm.com says:

I used to like it a lot but recently, on more than one occasion, I’ve found that the sauce has some funny taste-something like chlorine in pipe water…hmm…
    TARfm.com´s last blog post ..Children & Grandchildren of Malaysian Tycoons

20. Lucius Lou says:

Is the Pasembur stall still at the same place?

21. Anonymous says:

good good good….

22. CK says:

The stall still at the same place. What i noticed, their off day not fix one from Mon-Fri. But sure will be open on Sat & Sun. Weekday if im planning to go there means ,i have to pray all the way…. Open… Open… Open…
    Yes…. feel like “sudah kena 4 ekor”… if open.. The taste is good. Very clean. Fast service. ok lol… hard to find good rojak nowdays… This one taste still like old2 super good taste foods. Luckyly uncle’s son (2nd generation) take over the biz.. we still can have it. If not, full stop n bye2 to this good rojak…