Butterfly Park, Orchid & Hibiscus Farm @ Kuala Lumpur

Was at KL Orchid and Hisbiscus Farm and Butterfly Park few weeks ago. Finally managed to select a few good ones out of the many crappy ones to show, lol. Compared to Penang’s Butterfly Farm, KL’s is not so enjoyable because the number of butterflies in the latter is very much lesser. For the nicer and more colorful ones, I had to stalk them!

lotus

Starting off with my most favorite photo. A lotus I took beside a small pond in the Orchid and Hibiscus farm. I have even made a wallpaper out of it. If you like it, do save it yeah. And I didn’t put any watermark on the wallpaper so you are free to use it :)

butterfly

Then followed by my favorite photo in the Butterfly Park. The entrance fee is RM15!

flowers

dragonfly

butterfly

It was pretty sad to see some really big and colorful butterflies already laying dead on the ground..

scorpion

Don’t worry this scorpion is not running around freely. It is among many other species kept in the exhibition centre just before you exit the park.

butterfly

butterfly

Flowers laced with honey water are placed at various corners to attract the butterflies. Banana is also used.

tortoise

There’s a small pond with many tortoises hanging around.

worm

A colorful caterpillar before morphing into a butterfly, nice eh. They’re very hard to notice for hiding under the leaves.. so keep your eyes wide open lol. That’s all I have to show from [tag]Butterfly[/tag] Park. Let’s move on to the photos from Orchid Farm for some [tag]flower[/tag]s.

orchid

orchid

orchid

orchid

hibiscus

Hibiscus, our national flower. Besides red, there’s also yellow, orange and pink colored ones. Thanks to my noob photographing skills, this is the only one I dare to show lol.

flower

KL Orchid farm

KL [tag]Orchid Farm[/tag] is opened to the public free of charge. Besides admiring the flowers, you can also buy a few pots back if you want. There are quite a number of stalls to choose from. I knew this place existed in [tag]Kuala Lumpur[/tag] but I didn’t bother visiting before, thinking it should be nothing special. Well, I was wrong. Instead of going to the mall for the 100th time, this farm is a good alternative to spend your weekends.

1. KCA says:

hey, nice shot!! I am a butterfly lover.. hehe.. those butterflies are so…. BEAUTIFUL…. :) yeah.. can save it for my wallpaper… hehe…

vk: Thanks!

2. chingy says:

My daddy would really liked the wallpaper! :D

vk: Your dad? COOOOOOL!

3. Chong says:

Nice collection you have here. Are you using kit lens for these photos?

Chong’s last blog post..California Pizza Kitchen (CPK)

vk: Only 1 photo is taken using kit lens.. which is the one with the fountain lol. The rest are snapped using 50mm :)

4. moon says:

i love ur blog soo soo much, especially ur food entries =p
    u’re so skillful in photography,cheers!!

vk: Thanks!! This comment means a lot to me :)

5. PenangTuaPui says:

the green and black one shud be Raja Brooke if i am not mistaken, it shud be endanger species…

I like the scorpion shot.. nice.

PenangTuaPui’s last blog post..Hawker Food: Hutton Lane Koay Teow Th’ng

vk: Wow, you know about butterflies! Geng.. I know none of them LOL

6. fizikmie says:

very nice pictures, what type of camera that you used?

vk: Hi fizikmie, I am using Canon 400D, with 50mm lens :)

7. Ct says:

Nice pic…nice place…owhh have u been to our Orchid Garden at Kuching? U might like it. Owhh got addicted to ur site already…hope you will update on your food galores :-)

Ct’s last blog post..Things I buy online….

8. I says:

hey..can u tell me the location to this butterfly park @ kuala lumpur

vk: hi.. this is the map to it.. hope you find it useful. http://wikimapia.org/#lat=3.1455832&lon=101.6886109&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2 and http://my.pagenation.com/kul/Butterfly%20Park_101.6889_3.146.map

9. JohnKhoo says:

Very nice photos. I like the KL Butterfly Park. It is truly a get away from the busy KL city.

10. Good Day…
    Thanks 4 entrance info,what about the children @ age below 6 yrs?

Abd Gani Atan’s last blog post..Tourist Coach For Rent

11. S.Kumaresan says:

Good Day,

For your information, we have 150,000 Orchid plants for sales and only for RM4.00. If you interested to buy, please do not hesitate to contact me.

H/P: 012-9422723 (kumar)
    E-mail: kumaresan1773@gmail.com

We open daily from 10.00am – 6.00pm.

Thanks & Regards

Kumar

12. Blog4FT says:

This blogpost meets the requirement of our Blog4FT blogging contest. You should submit this post to us. You can also submit any post dated 5th October 2009 onwards and related to Federal Territories of Malaysia as your submission. Come join and win a Peugeot 308! Visit http://www.blog4ft.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blog4FT/130983666025

13. Wow nice pictures, specially in the orchids, I really admire them. Kuala Lumpur is really great place, lots of beautiful places and nice people to.
    All about Orchid Care´s last blog post ..10 Common Orchid Types