AEON Seberang Perai City @ Bandar Perda, Bukit Mertajam

22nd August 2008 is the opening day for one of the biggest [tag]shopping mall[/tag] in Northern Malaysia – AEON Seberang Perai City or also known as [tag]Jusco Bandar Perda[/tag] in Bukit Mertajam. It is such a nice coincidence that I happen to be in [tag]Bukit Mertajam[/tag] at the same time it opened the doors to the public.
To be honest I have been waiting for this mall to open for years. Because, we the BM kias really deserve a better mall and [tag]AEON Seberang Perai City[/tag] is the perfect answer.
I think the one of the most exciting part is that the first Big Apple Donuts & Coffee outlet in [tag]Penang[/tag] will also open here. It is something food bloggers in Penang have been anticipating. Best of all, it is only 10 minutes away from my house!

aeon seberang perai city
jusco seberang perai city

The first TGV cinema (5 screens) in Penang will also open here. I love their cheaper movie tickets and the nicer and crunchier popcorn, compared to GSC of course.
The mall is defnitely nicer to shop compared to Queensbay or Sunway Carnival, as the participating outlets are more interesting and well known.
As a food blogger, I can’t escape from showing the restaurants to you guys lol.

big apple donut seberang perai city

There is a particular section on the ground floor where all the restaurants are gathered at. Big Apple Donuts & Coffee – seriously the first you should go and try lol.

black canyon

Directly opposite Big Apple is the Black Canyon Restaurant. I didn’t really see the menu but mostly are coffee items and Western fusion stuff.

Che Go Korean BBQ

Che Go Korean BBQ Restaurant. Check out the very nice interior!

hongkie recipe

Hongkie Recipe restaurant – I am guessing this is related to the Hongkie in E-Gate.

johnny's restaurant

Opposite Hongkie is Johnny’s Restaurant. Most of you will know this, it serves steamboat and Thai food.

food & tea

Food & Tea Hong Kong Restaurant – competitor to Hongkie?

ichiban ramen

Ichiban Ramen

sushi queen

Sushi Queen - wife of Sushi King? lol. I would be happier if it was Sakae Sushi though.

splendid cafe

Splendid Cafe – Looks very similar to Secret Recipe. But their menu seems to contain cakes and coffee only. Quite big actually, it takes up almost 2 shoplots.

shihlin

And lastly, Shih Lin Taiwan Snacks which is scheduled to open in September. I wouldn’t get too excited about Shih Lin if I were you. I tried their highly acclaimed Crispy XXL Chicken a while ago in Sunway Pyramid and all I can say it’s rubbish. Even KFC Hot n Spicy tastes like 100x better. Don’t say I didn’y warn ya lol.

mooncake stalls

And of course there are the usual McDonalds, Starbucks, Nando’s, Old Town Kopitiam, Baskin Robbins, Kenny Roger’s etc. But they are already in other malls in Penang so I won’t talk about them.
Anyway, at the time of posting, there are hundreds of cars heading to AEON Seberang Perai City. So, the traffic jam today is pretty bad especially at the railway track section opposite Bandar Perda.
To make things worse, the traffic light stays red for a minute but only 10-15 seconds or so as green omg. So, the alternative route I’d suggest using is taking Jalan Muthu Palaniappan, the one near Utama Plaza and Ng Yam Huat food court.
So, have you went there already? Do you like the mall?

aeon seberang perai city
jusco seberang perai city

As a food blogger, I can’t escape from showing the restaurants to you guys lol.

big apple donut seberang perai city

black canyon

Che Go Korean BBQ

Che Go Korean BBQ Restaurant. Check out the very nice interior!

hongkie recipe

johnny's restaurant

food & tea

Food & Tea Hong Kong Restaurant – competitor to Hongkie?

ichiban ramen

Ichiban Ramen

sushi queen

splendid cafe

shihlin

mooncake stalls

So, have you went there already? Do you like the mall?

35 Comments on “AEON Seberang Perai City @ Bandar Perda, Bukit Mertajam

1. Yahoo! Big Apple!!! Finally it’s Penang!

And from your blog, the participating outlets are really interesting!
    VKeong, Thanks for your valuble info!

Allie’s last blog post..Claypot Chicken Rice without Claypot

vk: Np. Happy Shopping and Eating lol

2. vkeong.. u back to BM liao… never tell also.. can meet up ma..

ya..for food blogger ..this will definitely a great place to hunt for new restaurant and had a review….

willl seen more write up from us about this mall too….

this mall is good for BM kias… but hor.. for those who are doing grocery business or small business at BM.. it doesn’t seem to be a good sign for them…

PenangTuaPui’s last blog post..Hong Kong Eating Spree Part 3: Desserts 3

3. yeah..i also went there yesterday..the exciting part was it’s nearer d..next time no more sunway carnival!!i did try one of the big apple donuts and coffee donuts..it’s delicious..*yummy*

Angel’s last blog post..tagged!!!

4. the hongkie also available in Autocity if i’m not mistaken..but the food are so so..btw..waiting for the Shih Lin Taiwan Snacks..*evil laughing*..

Angel’s last blog post..tagged!!!

5. when you come back KL…must show me how to go there already…

6. wow…you are so fast in posting about this place. There’s sure to be a big crowd everytime Jusco opens anywhere. The last time it opens in Serdang, there was massive jam and the roadside is filled with cars parked by the side.

Looks like there’s alot of nice restaurants opening. Good news for Penang people!!

buzzingbee’s last blog post..[Part 2] Bali Culture and Nature

7. wow! spoilt for choice… how can one ever decide where to eat?! haha. looks massive.. thx for the inside scoop!

8. Wah Wah WAAAA,,,,,,….So many nice foods….:)

e-Leng’s last blog post..Sunway Pyramid Suites & Studio

9. oh me gosh!! CHE GO!!!! my brother tried it in sunway pyramid and he says its nice… and now its here!
    must go liao!! the mall looks nice.
    BM very happening liao…. :P

lingzie’s last blog post..Toh Soon’s Roti Bakar & Kampung Malabar Curry Mee

vk: Really ar?? Then I must go Sunway Pyramid to try also, hmm. The mall is nice lor, nicer than Queensbay, that’s for sure lol

10. wong

I just been to here this afternoon… very high class with the high ceiling.
    Too bad… my first visit to Splendid Cafe the service gave me bad impression. Not only they wrongly charge my bill me but also wrongly enter my credit card transaction… until I am double charged… damm screw up and will never patronize them again…

vk: I think that’s due to new staff.. not trained enough. What about the food? Is it good?

11. xnix

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks is already in Queensbay Mall, so what so excited about it?
    I tried the Queensbay Shihlin and they taste as good as 1Utama. Never really tried Shihlin at Gurney though.

vk: Oh, Queensbay got ar? Paiseh lah I am quite outdated because I am in Selangor now mostly.

12. wow, you’re back in BM already ah???
    this post is so fast leh!!! you’re already blogged about it.

New Kid On The Blog’s last blog post..Home Cook Sambal Prawns

13. Yeah.great..I went 2 days in a row.ha
    If im not wrong the owner of Big Apple is similar to the Subway Auto City.

14. kc

I heard baskin robbins is also there.

kc’s last blog post..Weird- leaf like insect

15. Wow, can’t wait to visit the wonderful shopping mall…

I just can’t wait to try all those awesome food…Dessertsss!

Kevinkks’s last blog post..Totally Carnivorous @ Handorf Inn Hotel – Adelaide (5th July 08′)

16. Pingback: Sem Break + L18! « Reflector

17. tzeling

man you are getting famous! i received forward emails regarding this introduce of this mall and the source is from you!
    LOL pround to be your friend =P

vk: Ei ei, forward the mail let me see lah!

18. CK Lai

alamak…..if you don’t put the tag up, i would thought you visited Aeon Jusco Bukit Tinggi in Klang. I must say it is almost a duplicate….

19. Very detailed and impressive photos…must try the Korean BBQ restaurant…

CK Lam’s last blog post..Ecco Cafe

20. Goodness … you can now really shop till you drop ;-) Looks like there are ample places to recharge the batteries also … thanks for sharing some great pics & handy info.

21. Pingback: » Rain, rain…go away! Passion is Thy Name!

22. Angeleyes

must go and visit this place on day but very sianz to go through the bridge….

23. yuyu

Is there car wax and wash outlets at Jusco Seberang Perai?

24. Pingback: Semalam… « [C]offee [B]ean

25. N!$ha

Its awesome…well theres a lot of place 2 date there..

26. your picture very rich… what time jusco have auto show?

vk: lol, my picture is rich? For the auto show thing, I have absolutely no idea haha

27. n0ra

the black canyon restaurant is halal or n0t ya?..pls advised..

vk: Hi n0ra, I don’t remember seeing any dish with pork and alcoholic drinks on the menu.. I am guessing it’s Halal. But I suggest you can find out using their contact number just to be sure: 04-5370328

28. trini

where is this place actually is ? can someone tell me ? i am really very interested . thank you

vk: This shopping complex is located in Bandar Perda next to Bukit Mertajam

29. Alicia Chong

Evey time go to this place, will definitely dine at Black Canyon. I am not crazy for Western Food, but may be attracted to its outlet decoration. Hehehe … Last time, want to go “lepak-lepak”, no place in Prai area, but at least now already got a few here…. big one….such as Sunway Carnival, Aeon Bandar Perda and Auto-City … mostly car parking is free…so you want to lepak long long time also no problem lor …:-)

30. goh

goh:

Big Apple is at Gurney too.J.co is at Queensbay anyway.Quuensbay will be definitely more happening cause there will be a lot of events held there such as count down concert, model search and etc.Aeon SP will be same as all the Aeon branch in Malaysia like Jusco Bukit Tinggi, Tebrau City where it is are just a mall to shop.Nothing more than that. Many shops in Queensbay such as Azuma,Dragon-i,sakae shushi are not found in there too.And by the way nothing to be so excited for the opening of shih lin cause Queensbay has it too.It is a small shop at a neglected zone though.But anyway the opening of Aeon SP has provided a more variety of choices for shoppers in Penang.

31. Rachel

Can anyone provide me da phone # of Adidas outlet here, I’ve been looking Adidas Terrex all over at KL but they are not available, but they were available here.. many thanks

32. May Li

try to call 04-3905 711

33. Is Speedy Video or other Music stores available in Jusco Bandar Perda?
    WeiQing´s last blog post ..Three Days.

34. For starters, normally remind oneself on the Islamic dress code. Your garments needs to be extended, loose fitted and not transparent. Muslim females need to also cover their heads with a head scarf (hijab).