Sisters Curry Laksa (Seapark) @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

While I was flipping through the newspaper one Sunday, a particular food related article caught my attention. Usually I won’t pay much attention to the articles because they are introducing foods mostly located in KL.
But, the article that day talked about the Sisters famous Curry Laksa noodles at Seapark opening a branch in Bandar Puteri Puchong. Being a [tag]curry noodles[/tag] fan, I copied down the address and contact number immediately from the newspaper, with a plan already in mind to visit it soon.

seafood-curry-mee

One of the highlighted noodles was Seafood Curry Laksa @ RM11.80, said to come with huge prawns and lots of fresh squids and cockles. To be honest, I was kinda skeptical at first on how much seafood they could possibly give. Luckily my worries did not materialize, as the noodles was true to its claim and came with plenty of [tag]seafood[/tag]. I think a big whole squid was served with the curry laksa, you can judge the quantity from the photo.

seafood-curry-mee-2

The Seafood [tag]Curry Laksa[/tag]‘s portion was big, tasted great and the seafood was cooked just right especially the squids. I can’t recall having any more tender squids than this.. they were not not rubbery at all! Prawns’ size was more than satisfactory and most importantly, fresh from the sea and not sourced from the farm.

For me, sinking my teeth into those succulent prawns while sipping the sweet, thick and spicy soup was most pleasurable. If there’s one thing I could complain about the curry laksa, it had to be the MSG level. I am a curry mee freak and I would always finish the soup if it was good. So, I did that and barely 10 minutes later, I could already feel the dryness and thirstiness in my throat – a clear sign of Chinese Restaurant Syndrome. But then again, I guess it’s rare to find someone crazy enough to finish a big bowl of curry soup lol.

dry-curry-mee

SL ordered the Dry Curry Laksa @ RM5.80. It came with long beans, tofu pok, fresh cockles and some sliced chicken. Taste wise we both agree it was above average, slightly better than those sold in normal hawker centres. Then again, it’s slightly more expensive so I guess you really pay for what you get eh?

chili-sauce

Two types of chili sauce, one for the chicken rice and another for curry laksa. We didn’t try the chicken rice nor even felt like trying – simply because we were here to sample the curry laksa. If you didn’t know (or didn’t read the article) this branch is being managed by the Sister’s son. He was the one who prepared our noodles (answered my calls too, lol) and you can look up his photo in the article.
Oh, there was something about him worth mentioning. When my Seafood Curry Laksa came, it took me a while before I got the satisfied shots. This caused the noodles to cool down a bit and he was courteous enough to top up some warm soup for me. Nice.

honey-lemon-drink

Some drinks we had for the dinner.. canned chrysanthemum tea and Honey Lemon Tea @ RM3.50. Yeah, we ordered cooling drinks to help counter the spiciness lol.

puchong-seapark-curry-mee

The restaurant interior. As you can see it was quite empty even on a weekend night. I think it’s because the restaurant’s is a bit hidden from the main road and the area is quite new as well. Even for someone who’s familiar with [tag]Bandar Puteri[/tag] like me, I had to call the owner up twice for directions before I could find it.

sea-park-curry-mee

The easiest way to locate this shop is to look for EasyPha-Max. Sisters Curry Laksa is directly opposite it, next to a car wash. I have marked the place for you at wikimapia.. so I hope it helps. Definitely worth a try if you stay nearby. Pork free.

Sister Curry Laksa Noodles Cuisine
12G, Jln Puteri 2/6
Bdr Puteri [tag]Puchong[/tag]
47100 Puchong

H/P: 013-2628892, 016-3776789

1. RedG4 says:

Great, shall try it someday!

2. PenangTuaPui says:

hi… the currymee really beh ho seh la… so many seafood.. make me drool on them only… :P

PenangTuaPui’s last blog post..Chinese New Year Special | Kuih Kapit (Love Letters) Pt 2

3. adel says:

Yes, the seafood in curry soup loooks fresh indeed!!
    Fresh honest food at reasonable price shall prevails forever…

4. Allie says:

I always like to eat KL curry laksa. It’s different from PG one.

And the Sister’s son is really very kind ler… top up warm soup for you.

Allie’s last blog post..Penang Food | Toasted Bread @ Joo Leong Cafe

vk: Maybe he saw I brought camera.. so treat me nicer kua haha

5. cumidanciki says:

your photo really does justice to the entry! nice one

cumidanciki’s last blog post..Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33 – Low Sang 2009 with the extended family!

6. Chin says:

Now I love the squid. Honest, I judge the seafood served by how well they cook the squid. Wow …Tender squids!

Chin’s last blog post..Why I Want AirAsia to Succeed – From a Frequent Flyer/User Perspective

7. Duckie says:

wa .. so different from our penang laksa le .. so big prawns!!!

Duckie’s last blog post..The perfect love letter

vk: Yeah, Penang curry mee’s prawns won’t be so big

8. Selba says:

Wow.. the seafood curry laksa is so mouth-watering!

Selba’s last blog post..Harum (Arum) Manis

9. iamthewitch says:

OK, thanks for a new place introduced! I know where to go eat when I go to Puchong next time :)

iamthewitch’s last blog post..My first day in Beijing, China

vk: Welcome :) Remember to blog about it if you tried it ya

10. The curry laksa looks nice. So many ingredients. After seeing this post, i feel like getting myself curry laksa. lol

FoOd PaRaDiSe’s last blog post..Hai Nan Homecook Chinese Restaurant

vk: Yeah, so many ingredients.. curry laksa for breakfast is niceeeeeee haha

11. dy says:

my friend used to said to me. pg curry mee is the real curry mee.

kl curry mee tasted more like gulai mee.

vk: ah, if you encounter KL people, they will tell you the opposite thing.. lol

12. albot says:

currylaksa looked very oily lah but surely quite alot seafood…:)

albot’s last blog post..Food : My favourites…

13. ck lam says:

This bowl of curry mee looks good. KL version is so different from those in Penang.
    I could still recall the first time I arrive in Penang and had the curry mee…its like What is this? Where is my prawn, chicken, brinjal and long beans?

ck lam’s last blog post..Curry Prawn @Nibong Tebal, Penang

14. J2Kfm says:

hmm …. i’ll have to agree with you on the empty seats on a wkend’s night.

i guess i’ll never be able to crawl my way here, given i’ver never stepped in Puchong even!

J2Kfm’s last blog post..Toddy & Seafood, Anyone? (Coconut Flower Seafood Restaurant @ Teluk Gong, Klang)

15. whoa looks much better than yu ai which costs rm 15++ (small) per portion!!

kampungboycitygal’s last blog post..KFC Zinger Tower

16. OH MY, that looks realy delicious! I love lots of seafood esp cockles in my curry mee! I’m bookmarking this!

Pigpigscorner’s last blog post..8-hr Braised Pork

17. yahui says:

*groans* i just recovered from tummy problem and my stomach churned at the sight of the picture.

but damn it, the squid, prawn, cockles! OMGOMGOMG! i want!

yahui’s last blog post..Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Fuck You.

18. Dog Father says:

The price is cheap and really look nice. Must drop by and taste it one day. Good job to show this to us :) .

19. enarual says:

oh wow that curry is making me hungry. I wish I could have some.

Anyway, I came across your blog from Kennysia’s comments… Nice blog you have here. Just fyi (if you haven’t seen) there’s a website called foodgawker.com you should probably check out if you love food and photography :)

20. eyma says:

this looks good…very tempting

21. John says:

went there last week and was the only person eating there at dinner time. Nothing special but the seafood curry mee is worth the money la. For me personally, i won’t go back there but i think won’t last long cause not much customer at all

22. butnaa says:

at Puchong, 1 bowl of curry mee already cost almost RM12 + drink Rm3.50.. wah !! quite expensive la….

• Infinityx says:

Actually not so expensive la….Seafood Rm12++ Drink Rm3.50
      Nowaday almost every Cafe the price also like that….Just see how you think lo…

23. Anonymous says:

damn. if those restaurant bears halal logo, i would love to go there this evening!

24. Anonymous says:

this shop been closed down, they have a stall in another restaurant in pusat bandar puchong (tmn wawasan). this shop is facing tesco puchong, go along the row of shop, u may notice it. :)

25. Anonymous says:

Don’t worry.The restaurant is still open there.

26. Infinityx says:

This shop has not closed anyway, they only have a stall is in another restaurant at SEAPARK only…. other no more…..YOU MAY NOTICE IT :)
    Thanks~

27. Holland Gan says:

This shop is still in Bandar Puteri Puchong, same row as quite a few more eatieries.

28. Joe Yap says:

yup.. the shop is still at the same place.. :)

1. March 7, 2014