Yoke Heng Special Claypot Lou Shu Fan @ Serdang Raya

Few weeks ago, I went to try the famous Claypot Lou Shu Fan at Yoke Heng restaurant, Serdang Raya. Actually, I already knew the restaurant’s existence through an ex colleague about 3 years ago. At that time, claypot Lou Shu Fan was a topic we always talked about, especially during lunch time. Haha, can’t believe it took me so long to actually get to try it.

claypot lou shu fan

Unlike other claypot Lou Shu Fan which is usually very dry and dark in color, this has white-yellowish gravy instead. It is a very popular place for lunch among those working in TPM (Technology Park Malaysia) and Astro Bukit Jalil. But don’t worry, it opens at night as well because I had this for dinner.

claypot lou shu fan

I am still not very sure what are those crunchy brown stuff on the Lou Shu Fan. They tasted like lard to me, but some claim they are dried shrimps. Well, I don’t really care whether they were lard or dried shrimps as long as they make the noodles tasty lol. And the thick, gluey gravy with those ‘rat tails’ reminds me of shark fin soup with fattened shark’s fin.

claypot lou shu fan

Another thing that makes it similar to eating shark’s fin would be adding black vinegar as the accompaniment. I don’t know about you but when it comes to black vinegar, I can only associate it with shark fin soup lol. If you are wondering, a serving for three like this cost RM15 or equivalent to RM5 for each pax. Quite reasonable if you ask me, just that I didn’t really feel full after the meal.

yoke-heng

Besides claypot Lou Shu Fan, Yoke Heng is also famous for their Chinese dishes like sweet and sour pork (Gu Lou Yok). One of my friend who tagged along for dinner ordered it which came wrapped in aluminium foil. I don’t have any photos of it so maybe I will return in future to try it myself. Yoke Heng is located along Serdang Raya road towards KL, just opposite BHP Petrol Station.

Yoke Heng Restaurant,

Taman Putra Indah,
Serdang Raya,
43300 Seri Kembangan.

Map at Wikimapia

21 Comments on “Yoke Heng Special Claypot Lou Shu Fan @ Serdang Raya

1. Life 2.0

Wow, that dish looks so yummy and filling. The photos are really good as well.

2. This is so unusual yet delicious and very comforting..

3. very unique lou shu fun. but it’s in other states…. :(

New Kid On The Blog’s last blog post..Louis Café

4. Filled to the brim goodness. Like Mee Sua Tow from Teow Chew Meng?

Chin’s last blog post..Ahan Thai, Bandar Puteri, Puchong

5. hey i’m from serdang too. The restaurant looks familiar but i guess i never try the food there before. Now that u mention it, i’ll definately wanna try it :D

6. Pin

Wau… why all good food comes from Serdang one?

Pin’s last blog post..Reverse DNS for Self-Hosted Mail Server

7. The gravy so thick hor… Looks like porridge + lou shu fan to me… Hehehe…

Allie’s last blog post..Announcement

8. so creamy?!! like wat tan hor gravy or like fish head noodle soup with evap milk?

no other ingredients?

J2Kfm’s last blog post..DURIAN-ized @ Sri Karak Restaurant, Section 52, PJ

9. hmmm my fave loh shue fun! those crispy bits are deep fried dried shrimps and not lard :p

babe_kl’s last blog post..Something That You Can’t Stop Digging In…

vk: Ooops, my mistake then :)

10. O.M.G!! The sauce….the sauce looks so…so…I’m lost for words. I am definitely going there when I go back.

Pigpigscorner’s last blog post..Lemongrass & Ginger Cake

11. Eerrrr….that gravy doesn’t look very appetizing to me…. sorry for the comment…

elaine’s last blog post..Heat Wave

vk: No problem, looks are secondary as long as they taste nice right hehe

12. The gravy is really thick… One of a kind. Almost… Gross. LOL. But I bet it tastes nice. Too bad it’s quite far from the PJ area…

iamthewitch’s last blog post..Steamboat and Grandpa’s Birthday

13. the crunchy brown stuffs are dried shrimps probably :)
    I’ve been here a few times. hehe..
    I’ve also tried their ribs wrapped in aluminium foil. Unforgettable! :)

Christine’s last blog post..A Winter Cap Goh Meh

14. Vpig

Hi, I from serdang too…. The claypot lou shu fun was nice but it was number of years ago…
    Now the taste of the ‘the claypot lou shu fun’ not as tasty as before…
    U might try it if for your first time.. but the aluminium pork rib really good..
    For me..i wont purposely go there anymore coz the service provided by this restaurant very bad even i been there few times.

15. durianberry

a little late comment just to give my opinion as of this date. I agree with Vpig. The lou shu fun is starchy and not good at all compared to what it used to be. The service is just shitty. They don’t pay much attention to you even when there is not many customers around

16. Yoke Heng Rest

To our valued customer,

1st of all, we apologize for the food quality and service which you faced before in our restaurant.

Our food quality is made according to populance’s taste. Meanwhile, service is provided as best as we could.

we appreciate to everyone of your ” COMMENTS” which we will put more attention to maximize customer’s satisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to e-mail us at yokeheng_1995@yahoo.com.my, if you have any suggention pertaining to our ” food or service”.

Your action is much appreciated.

The Management

Yoke Heng Rest

17. Anonymous

How come your service still never get improved?

18. looks nice. will go to have a try.
    simps´s last blog post ..Happy Birthday to My Sis