Traditional Toast Set @ Toast Box, Pavilion

I have been eyeing to try Toast Box for a long time because it has managed to attract a beeline of customers constantly. Unlike J.Co, where the queue dies off after the donut craze went down. Besides, their toasts looked really tempting because they prepare them openly. Good tactic to create buzz and attract customers.
Anyway, this thought of trying remained as a thought for a long time, and I never even thought of queing for it. Why? Simply because I was put off by the crowd. I never liked crowded places, especially if it’s a restaurant. Remember my Foh San experience?

toast-box-toasts

But one morning I was at Pavilion for some business and noticed there were very little customers at Toast Box. So, what better opportunity to have their toasts as my breakfast. There were a couple of sets available but I was particularly attracted to the Traditional Toast Set @ RM6.80.

toast-set

The set consisted of a Butter Kaya Toast, two half-boiled eggs and a cup of coffee or tea. The toasts were great, prepared fresh into having a hot crispy exterior yet soft and chewy on the inside. Nice! They were not stingy with the butter too.

half-boiled-eggs

Half boiled eggs, one of the authentic foods every Malaysian would surely enjoy. While I was cracking away my eggs happily, a boy came over to ask for the light soya sauce and pepper on my table. He’s polite, cute and all but he had to call me UNCLE -__-
Great, what a way to start my day lol. Yeah I know I AM qualified to be his uncle for my age. But I still prefer to be called GOR GOR, at least until I get married lah.

nasi-lemak

I saw quite a number of people grabbing the Nasi Lemak, so I got one for myself too @ RM2.50 a packet. When I opened it I wasn’t too happy with the not-so-faithful ingredients, by putting fishcake instead of hard boiled egg. But the feeling was fast gone once I started to dig in the nasi lemak. It was flavorful and very spicy, just the way I like it.

toast-box-food-republic

After placing your order and paid for it, you will be queuing on the other side of the outlet for your toasts. Here you can see how it’s prepared. I have to say it’s quite an interesting sight, especially that mound of butter lol.

toast-box-pavilion

Will definitely return to try their other toasts like those which have chicken floss as toppings. And recently I found out that Toast Box actually had a outlet in Sunway Pyramid too. It looked very quiet though.
Despite being more pricey and having less choices, I still feel Toast Box is a better alternative for toasts once in a while compared to Old Town Kopitiam, or those Old Town Kopitiam wannabes that are mushrooming and closing down like crazy. And if you are wondering, I am still in Taiwan lol. Back tomorrow.

Toast Box @ Food Republic
Lot 1.41.00, Level 1,
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

toast-box-toasts

toast-set

half-boiled-eggs

nasi-lemak

toast-box-food-republic

toast-box-pavilion

Toast Box @ Food Republic
Lot 1.41.00, Level 1,
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

23 Comments on “Traditional Toast Set @ Toast Box, Pavilion

1. Vkeong, your photo shots are getting better!! is the tall cone the Butter?!

2. gor gor… you really made me laughed out loud.
    I like to read that part… uncle and gor gor!!

New Kid On The Blog’s last blog post..Ivy’s Kitchen

3. Gor Gor r, dat tower of butter looks very nice o. And enjoy your precious moments left in Taiwan!
    Haha

skol’s last blog post..

4. konghulang

I like Butter Toast & Half boiled eggs too, but I think that’s not butter, pure butter will melt easily only margarine will stand like that. But margarine is very bad for health.

5. Eric

Gor gor,

I heard rumours say J.Co purposely hire people to queue up to create “wow” effect when they first started. Seems like the marketing tactics didn’t last long. *Drool* on the half boiled eggs and nasi lemak, but the portion wasn’t big enough for me. LOL…

6. It’s always good to have toast and boiled eggs for breakfast! Added with sausages and bacon! For the full meal!

RollsRoyce’s last blog post..Dragonica © Champion Of The Wind

7. This is a must visit place for me whenever I go SG. Now they are available at KL d.. great!

allie’s last blog post..Shervone Cake Tasting

8. I dun like this kind of toast..I prefer steam one~

9. one of the cheapest and safest choice in Pavilion. esp come tea time, when a heavy (and hefty) meal’s not the most preferred choice.

J2Kfm’s last blog post..Cameron Highlands – OK Tuck & Strawberry Park Resort

10. *drools* your photos are making me hungry in the middle of the night.

always wanted to try toast box. but too lazy to queue up too. I’m going to try next time after reading this. LOL

iameunice’s last blog post..A Fresh Start

1. Yeah do try their toasts.. not bad at all

11. wow, nice pic taken, i still dunno how to focus on one particular object~ ~,~
    drool for the soft boiled egg, always love that, but high cholesterol.. haha and i loled when i figured that con thing is butter.

12. Wow, this one looks a lot more PRO than the typical Old town.

cariso’s last blog post..Miraku G-Hotel Set Dinner

1. They are in a different class that’s for sure. But Old Town is more economical loh

13. I prefer toast bread at Kopitiam (Singapore) than Toast Box in Singapore.

food-4tots’s last blog post..Invited Food Review at Ko-Fu-Loft (Penang) – Part II

14. I mostly like to eat Traditional Toast Set . They have unique flavor and different tastes !!!
    you are easily full because of good tastes .it is too tasty to eat more …

Beijinger’s last blog post..Urumqi Erdaoqiao Market

15. cheap and good. perfect combo! hehe

cumidanciki’s last blog post..Eurodeli – Run, run, run away!

16. I saw someone else is taking picture there. :)
    And for God’s sake, they should give at least half a hard-boiled egg in the nasi lemak for that price!

jason’s last blog post..New Formosa, Revisit

17. i tried it b4! din take the set bt the nasi lemak was really nice! evn tho it’s a little pricey bt it’s gud enuff for me.. :D ate the toast with kaya too.. nice2…

18. That nasi lemak sambal look very tasty. Will try to check this place next time I go there.
    See you around.

lunaticg’s last blog post..My 7 June 2009 Coin Hunting Trip in Butterworth Roadwalk

19. apak

seriously, u guys should try kluang original railway station coffee shack..seriously..not their franchise,but their original stall at kluang railway station, johor.they even have choices for bread type-round (which is the burger bun) or the normal squared shape bread. and of coz,they use charcoal maa..that arang toasted bread+home made butter (not in the cone shape ok,ahaha) and kaya blend really good..especially when you take a bite,then the melted butter+kaya will blend perfectly in your mouth,seriously..try it in kluang!

20. kellie

LOL!! gor gor… u cracked me up seriously.. hahahahaha …
    ahhh why didnt see tis toast box place last time i was @ the foodcourt .. the korean food i ordered wasn’t as good as i tot it’d be :(
    window shopping was good though ..hehe

21. Winnie

love your recommendation. excited to try this out over the weekend with my worthy book vouchers.