The time is long overdue for the Kepong folks to have their own burger specialty joint. With the opening of C.E.O Burger at Plaza Menjalara, we finally have one. The name’s a bit cliché but that does not matter because the burgers are really quite awesome. Thanks to C.E.O Burger the F&B scene at Bandar Menjalara is a lot livelier now – at least it’s something else other than steamboat!
Choices are aplenty and distinct but the patties are limited to either beef or pork. The price starts from RM14.90 for a set including fries and a dollop of their “Magic Sauce” while drinks are purchased separately. The most expensive burger goes to the the Double Satisfaction @ RM23.90 for having double patties, bacon and cheese. The cheese could be customized and you have a selection of Swiss cheese, orange cheddar and mild cheddar which is the default. Pictured above is the beef Absolute A @ RM14.90 and pork Home Alone @ RM18.50.
I am not very fussy when it comes to burger. I am good as long as the patty does not taste dry and the burger’s flavor is not heavily dependant on mayonnaise. C.E.O’s burger’s patties are almost an inch thick, delicious and just juicy enough. Because if they were any juicier the bun would have been soggy and sloppy. As for the bun, even though it’s soft and fluffy it is surprisingly strong enough to hold the burger together nicely. It contains some nuts too.
And just by looking at the color you’d already know that it is baked with bamboo charcoal. Personally, I was kind of hoping they’d opt for something else because now everyone will be saying they copied myBurgerLab’s concept. It’s a sad perception considering the fact that charcoal buns existed long time before MBL made it popular in KL.
They are still new so all the attention and pressure on the kitchen staff.
Also, here’s the burger list for your information. I think the Spicy Tom is particularly interesting for having sambal.
- Home Alone – Single Pattty / cheese / gherkin (pickled cucumber) @ RM14.90
- Double Satisfaction – Double the patties / double the cheese / double the bacon / caramelized onion / gherkin @ RM23.90
- Santa Fe – Guacamole / cilantro tomato salsa / cheese / sour cream @ RM18.90
- Absolute A – Mushroom ragout / streaky bacon / cheese / caramelized onion @ RM18.90
- Wacky – Smoked Hickory BBQ sauce / streaky bacon / avocado / over easy egg / cheese @ RM18.50
- Hungry Man – Patty / chicken breast / streaky bacon / cheese / smoked Hickory BBQ sauce @ 19.50
- Spicy Tom – Sundried tomato sambal / parmesan crisp / gherkin / caramelized onion @ RM17.90
- B.A.D (Breaskfast All Day) – Chicken spiral sausage / streaky bacon / cheese / over easy egg / hash browns @ RM18.50
- Tornado – Chicken spiral sausage / Sauerkraut / sweet German mustard / streaky bacon @ RM15.90
- Minus One (vegetarian) – Mushroom ragout / hash brown / parmesan crisp / basil pesto mayonnaise @ RM13.90
G-11, Ground Floor Plaza Menjalara,
1, Jalan Menjalara Idaman,
Bandar Sri Menjalara,
55200 Kepong, KL
GPS Coordinates: N3 11.666 E101 37.810
Business hours: 12pm – 10pm