Damansara Uptown has a handful of shabu shabu restaurants and two of them are buffet style, namely Sukishi and Mikoshi. Since Mikoshi got some good reviews from personal friends, we purposely dropped by last weekend for lunch. But ultimately ox tongue is the biggest reason we came all the way here from Kepong.
Mikoshi’s lunch buffet (Friday and weekends only) is priced at RM28++ while dinner buffet is RM48++. You are given 1 hour to enjoy the lunch buffet, whereas you get 2 hours for the dinner buffet.
If 1 hour sounds short, you are not wrong. However, the 1 hour time limit applies only to food ordering, and not the entire dining experience. In other words, you can order as many a la carte items from the menu at the last order, just make sure you are able to finish them later. Based on our visit, here are the pros and cons:
- Quality of meat slices are great (for the price), especially the ox tongue, pork and lamb
- They offer fresh kampung chicken eggs as dipping sauce
- Wide selection of vegetables, other common steamboat ingredients and ice creams
- Plenty of condiments
- A la carte menu has many cooked dishes (eg. Japanese fried chicken) to complement the meal
- Their signature Ginger Soup was underwhelming, I wouldn’t recommend it
- The drinks taste diluted
Overall, it was an enjoyable meal and the lunch buffet is a great deal. If you are looking for a filling and satisfying shabu shabu experience without having to splurge, Mikoshi won’t be a bad choice.Mikoshi Japanese Shabu Shabu
109A, Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Utama
Hours: 6pm – 11pm (Mon – Thur), 11.30am – 11pm (Fri – Sun)