ATTENTION! Due to many complaints received in my blog’s comments on G Hotel’s BBQ Seafood Dinner, please be informed vkeong.com no longer recommends this. From my experience it was fine but many people complained about the food quality, variety and some even complained of discomfort after that. So all G Hotel BBQ Seafood related posts will serve only as a reference for the food you will find there. I regret any bad experiences you’ve had if you went for the buffet after viewing my blog. Thank you.
I have yet received another comment regarding the bad food over in G Hotel. Despite how good looking the food I shown in my earlier posts, please read the comments first and decide for yourself whether it’s worth going. It is really disappointing to know the standard has dropped until so badly. G Hotel management if you are reading this you better buck up, so much for the publicity I got for you. Here are the comments I received so far (negative responses):
- Yammy Yammy says I had treid the buffet on Friday. First, there’s not much choice. The sea food is not fresh…at all.
The BBQ,most of them are too salty n not fresh too. One more thing is, why we pay extra to eat ‘chicken rice’, ’satay’ n ‘Char Koey Teow’ at ghotel’s BBQ n Saefood buffet?
The desserts look nice, but most of the desserts are too sweet! The ice-cream taste like the cheap one…
How i wish I’ve never been there…
The evergreen Seafood buffet is much better! The desserts taste very good also.
The price is also 60something. Must try!
- Orthoo says I went for the BBQ seafood buffet with a group of friends last Friday, and I say it is NOT worth the price at all! G-Hotel lobby and the cafe certainly look very nice and modern but we go for the food mah, right? First of all, there were so few varieties! What you see in the photos are all that are available – seriously!! And, the seafood is NOT fresh at all (I spent the whole night later visiting the toilet – talk about regret!). But the most annoying thing was that the BBQ seafood is served by their staff – ONE piece per request! Seriously! Like one tiny piece of sotong when you ask for it. If you ask again, you get another ONE tiny piece!! Aiyo what lah! Like this call buffet???
I will never go there again. Waste of time and money!! To me the best buffet in town is still the Sunday brunch at good old Golden Sands Hotel!
- Ms Lee says After looking for the inviting photos, we decided to try up the buffet last Friday
For the RM68 , our comments are as follow…
1. How can they call this Buffet where you are given ONLY 1 miserable SMALL pcs BBQ Sotong each time you go for it (unless you ask for additional),
2. The seafood are not very fresh, so so only,
3. The dessert looks good on the photo, but taste so so only.
4. Not much of food variety.
5. The worst is, water is only served upon request, this is unacceptable at all
Overall, it just not worth RM68 !! Not of us will go again, with the Total bill of RM925 (11 pax), we can go for EXCELLENT China Cost Dinner man.
- Angie says Horibble, not worth with the charge as RM128++.
My husband and me were having Christmas BBQ Seafood buffer on Christmas Eve day. We found the buffer is not worth, so call BBQ seafood is only consist of King prawn and Salmon only. Cake varieties is limited, repeated items were displays to mislead people.
Besides this, my husband was feel discomfort after taking the food and I am suffer stomach discomfort after the dinner.
We really feed sad on making bad decision chosing G-hotel as our choice on Christmas Eve night.
G Hotel you are being pwned hard. (1738)