RM1.30 Cendol Opposite Taman Bahagia LRT Station

Damn the weather nowadays is killing me. Thanks to the haze the daytime doesn’t feel like daytime anymore because the sunlight is freaking blocked and smoke is all I see! Even when it rains it only lasts for a few minutes wtf.
Lucky for us there’s cheap and body cooling desserts like ais kacang and cendol easily available – whether in a coffee shop, food court or by the road side. But, finding a tasty one remains as the main challenge.

taman-bahagia-cendol

I was hunting for good cendol around Subang Jaya and the stall opposite Taman Bahagia LRT station had quite a few recommendations online. Realizing my office is not exactly too far from it, I decided to drop by one day after lunch.
I was expecting to see a proper stall but it was actually a mobile stall operating using a van. Setup beside a housing area’s playground, it’s very easy to locate – just use the LRT as the landmark.

cendol-taman-bahagia

The cendol is dirt cheap here, RM1.30 a bowl. It is one of the better tasting cendol I have had so far since coming to KL (you won’t believe the level of crappiness in the worst ever cendol I had not long ago. So this deserves a somewhat good rating based on the worst one, relatively)
At least it was pretty authentic and had the cendol taste. The only complaint I have is on the shaved ice, it wasn’t fine enough and felt chunky.

cendol-van

But that’s understandable since they are still using the traditional ice shaver. It definitely won’t be able to produce the perfectly textured shaved ice from those electric ice shavers.

cendol-preparation

Generous amount of santan and cendol being poured over the shaved ice.

cendol-big

cendol-3

For RM1.30, not much ingredients can be expected. The ice tends to melt really fast so there’s really no time to enjoy it slow and steady.

rojak

My friend ordered the rojak and said it was so-so at best.

cendol-van

Since discovering this cendol, we always drop by for a bowl or two whenever we can. But not because it’s that great. To be honest it loses by miles if compared to Penang Road Teochew Cendol.
The environment, which is surrounded by trees and always breezy is the main reason we go there. It’s the perfect oasis to enjoy cooling cendol in a scorching afternoon. Believe it or not, we feel cooler being here than being in a shaded food court!

taman-bahagia-cendol

cendol-taman-bahagia

cendol-van

cendol-preparation

Generous amount of santan and cendol being poured over the shaved ice.

cendol-big

cendol-3

rojak

My friend ordered the rojak and said it was so-so at best.

cendol-van

30 Comments on “RM1.30 Cendol Opposite Taman Bahagia LRT Station

1. eh~I just went there yesterday!
    The rojak is so so only lar.. and cendol.. erm.. I dun like cendol so I din try..

Jean’s last blog post..我的歌:Travis – Selfish Jean

2. JD

Looks good and refreshing, but haze around, so better be careful coz scared kena flu/irritation/sore throat.
    And looks like new interface on the blog too?!?

JD’s last blog post..The Dip

3. There’s a nice one at Seksyen 17 opposite Philips. It used to be my favourite when I was studying at KL. Have you try that before?

allie’s last blog post..DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant (Part II) | Penang Restaurant

1. Oh, seksyen 17 ah.. ok ok I will see if I will go there one day. Now I am back to Cyberjaya, no time to go hunting in PJ already :(

4. So far the Penang Road Cendol is really unbeatable….

Leonard Loh’s last blog post..Flying Chillies @ The Gardens, Midvalley

1. Yeap, agreed, one of the best.

5. that looks so yummy and my stomach is already growling haha ooops

There’s this indian cowboy stall in Seri Petaling, a group of indian guys in cowboy hats sells cendol n indian rojak which is quite good. There are alot of ppl on weekends at that lorry stall too! Should give them a try =)

Melissa’s last blog post..Hell Week

6. wmw

Hey there…haven’t blog hop for awhile…checking in. Yeah, this is one of the better cendol stalls around. I haven’t been here for awhile too…haha

wmw’s last blog post..Ko Hyang Korean Country Delights @ The Gardens, Mid Valley City

7. i think the 1 @ subang is still heaps better than the 1 here

lotsofcravings’s last blog post..Tung Po Kitchen @ North Point, Hong Kong

1. I still have yet to try that queuing one.. seems like my makan buddies aren’t interested in that :-(

8. aiyo..this one if like u said compared to the worse…well..yeah..i guess its ok la.
    But i really didnt like it. so thin the coconut milk and no taste of gula melaka.

I agree with u on the rojak. darn sad. ;)

Must go try the Subang one. everyone said its the best.

For PJ area, there’s one near the PJ SEct 17 mkt. also afternoons. was good, except tht the kacang was hard.
    I luv tong shui, chendol and ABC. Wish i’m in Pg sometimes!

thenomadGourmand’s last blog post..Under which tree???

9. Had this once~~

mimid3vils’s last blog post..Esquire Kitchen of Taipei

10. Chris ( SkyNet000 )

wow bro ~ new blog template eh ?

Nice !

Btw , this cendol looks good !

1. actually this is my very first template when I started to blog :)

11. “At least it was pretty authentic and had the cendol taste”…ROFL at that! Got cendol that does not taste like cendol meh?? =P

1. lol, in fact there is. do you want to know where to find cendol that doesn’t taste like cendol?

locate the cendol next to BP station on the way to Subang Jaya airport. That’s the one, the WORST one

12. so…
    the cendol…
    u got cirit-birit after go back to office?..
    look yummylicious…

13. RM1.30 is dirt cheap. May be can ask for RM2.60 for double servings of ingredients? :)

cariso’s last blog post..Segafredo New Menu – Oops!

14. V

actually if you like cendol there’s 2 you can try near the area,

1-one small bicycle stall near the uptown mosque.

it’s located at the kindergarden at the roundabout at the mosque. just turn into the kindergarden and you’ll see the stall.
    there’s this old indian uncle selling cendol (done the old fashion way),
    so enjoy it while he’s still around.

2- near kelana jaya lrt station.

its located at a turning into the ss26 & ss25 area.
    from the ldp heading to ss2, take the leftest lane, and after passing the lrt station, take the first left and you’ll see the stall.
    its a van stall like the tmn bahagia guy, but its yellow and the sign is “Penang Rojak”.
    the cendol is ok, but this guy has cendol pulut which i can seldom find in the area.

if you need more direction you can pm me on lyn.

15. There’s this new cendol shop in Rampai Business Park, Setapak. Wangsa Maju Section 1 to be exact. I know a lil’ far off from PJ…

It’s called Wahab’s Cendol. Very good, but I’ve never really tried the famous one in Penang, so I wouldn’t know how to compare to that. This is actually an expansion from a roadside stall nearby. Came out in newspaper few times before.

They have all kinds of toppings to choose from, Kacang, kacang merah, Tapai, Pulut, Jagung, Bandung, ice-cream. RM2.30 a bowl. I usually chill there after futsal.

Emilio’s last blog post..Zee Avi

16. Eh, thanks for the recommendation. Seldom pass by Taman Bahagia during noon time, so I don’t know about this place.

jason’s last blog post..Bangi Kopitiam at Port Dickson

17. hrmmm..near my aunts place.. would drop by to try.

taufulou’s last blog post..Macau Restaurant @ Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier

18. kw

I haven’t tried this one before, but yeah the Penang one is still the best I tried so far.

19. Pingback: Food RM1.30 Cendol Opposite Taman Bahagia LRT Station | India Restaurants

20. it used to be the best cendol n rojak in town… i remember goin to visit this very stall when i was jz a lil kid wit my mom… over the years i guess the old man’s retired n prolly his son took over… taste wise it doesn’t taste as good as it used to… so tragic… a lot of my old haunts now no longer taste as great as they used to once their kids took over the family business… :(

21. gra

people where is the place??????????????????????????????
    i raelly want to eat cendol…look so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help me i stay at petaling jaye..how can i go to the cendol place??????

1. gra, it’s just opposite Taman Bahagia LRT station, it’s really easy to go

22. Aiks, got cendol oppt Taman Bahagia LRT one ah.. next time must try.. Thanks for sharing!

23. Jeff Ng

today try my luck . i go taman bahagia at 7.15 pm.

24. then i need to try my luck again ^^
    nicdanic´s last blog post ..My idol- Sally Yeh Receives 2010 RTHK Golden Needle Award!