Murni Discovery Mamak @ Aman Suria, Sunway Mas PJ

Ah Mamak Restaurant, how I miss thou! When it comes to mamak food I dare say Malaysia has the best. I cringed when I saw my plate of maggi goreng was fried with ketchup in Singapore. Seriously? Ketchup in Maggi Goreng? omg.
So I always make it a point to get myself a mamak fix whenever I return to Malaysia, even if it is a short trip. So recently (well not so recent actually), the famous Murni Mamak restaurant from SS2 had opened a branch at Aman Suria. It is a good news for frequent Murni goers because the original shop at SS2 is simply too crowded. And not to mention the hygiene is questionable too.

ribena-lychee

This photo has Murni SS2 painted all over it lol. If you are a first timer at Murni the only drink you should order is their signature Ribena Lychee juice. They are not stingy with the Ribena syrup so the taste is really ‘kao’. At the SS2 branch usually it would be served in a bottle though.

mee-utara

Initially I wanted to have Maggi Goreng but my friend suggested me to try their Mee Utara done with Maggi mee instead. As much as I want to fix my cravings for Maggi Goreng I took his suggestion anyway. At least two cakes of Maggi Mee were used to prepare this huge serving of Maggi Utara and it contained quite a lot of ingredients too, primarily chicken and vegetable.
Flavor wise it was not bad at all, tangily spicy with a mix of sweetness and sourness – really appetizing. If you are a fan of spicy food you could probably ask them to make the noodles really spicy by adding more chili in it.

claypot-lou-shu-fan

If Ribena Lychee is the signature drink of Murni, then the Claypot Lou Shu Fan and Mee Raja are the signature food. Not the typical mamak food you would find but at Murni it’s all about Asian fusion and catering to everyone. For the portion they are serving, RM5 seems reasonable considering the amount of minced chicken given. Throw in a few prawns too.

murni-discovery-aman-suria

The great food aside, what Murni Discovery really needs now is a further face lift of the shoplot and a proper signboard to make it easier to spot. The service, ease of access, parking and cleanliness for me were all aaa-oh-kay!

murni

Highly recommended for the same great tasting food with the same price but without the dodgy, oh-I-saw-a-rat-as-big-as-cat and eating-at-the-roadside-scared-to-be-hit-by-car feeling. Which, by the way might explain exactly why I did not go back to Murni SS2 after my first visit 4 years ago.

Murni Discovery
Jalan PJU 1/3B
Sunway Mas Commercial Centre
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
GPS Coordinates: N3 07.130 E101 35.967

1. Wil Liam says:

Ahh….Murni! Ever so famous amongst PJ locals and especially university students!! Love their food….and not to mention reasonable too! :)

2. samlee860407 says:

vkeong, you gona shatbrik liao if go miri, and you order char koay teow and they give you those fried with tomatoe one :D

3. JD says:

For a moment, the Maggi Utara looks like Maggi Bandung. Really looks good, more and more mamak are serving below average Maggi Goreng nowadays, so this could be one of the gems.

4. Simon Seow says:

Wah, making loads of money ah Murni.

5. Jayce says:

Hey, the Ribena Lychee is new to me. Going to try it out. ;)

6. mimid3vils says:

I went there a few months ago, would like to visit to try out more of their food (Too many food that I 1 2 try *sigh*)

7. They revolutionized mamak man!

8. Food can bear so close a resemblance to another. The juice drink looks more like colored cider and the Maggi dish like a Pizza, noodles or cut tenderloin. Unless you are told, these food look more like regular western dishes. Westerners living in the Orient now need not worry about home made food because Eastern food is been more and more of Western orientation. The West has come to like the condiments and the spices of the Orient too. Really good news for travelers.

9. Ah Cheok says:

this vkeong very clever eated things wan

10. wyyv says:

OMG! I cant believe u just said mamak got claypot lou shu fan… wad a fusion..

11. Phillip says:

I doubt the “Ribena Lychee” is not Ribena at all..
    taste more like grape cordial to me..

12. PInkgenie says:

ah.. I miss Ribena Spesel~ <3

13. Chingy says:

YAY! Never tried this place before. I love Roti Hawaii too! :D

14. hungry always says:

Murni Discovery should open a new branch one at Shah Alam. So I can get there easily.
    Shah Alam has a very big potential customers,since a lot of students there.

15. yen says:

hey thx for sharing dis nice post!! it makes me drooling~~ XD

16. suharto says:

murni discovery is the best restaurant ever..!!! like it so much..!! :-p

17. David says:

Hope you guys enjoyed the “special” (ribena special, longan special etc) drinks. Sometimes during rushed periods, the staff would wipe with the cloth and squeeze them back into the cups which are unwashed sometimes.

I have personally seen that in the kitchen. Thats why I made it a point to never drink there anymore

18. Yeah says:

worst claypot lou shu fan i had…. malay style lou shu fan….

19. Nasmalek says:

Murni Discovery in SS2 Petaling Jaya, is always packed but the service sucks, the bangladeshi and the indonesian workers are damn rude and no customer service at all…when we asked for extra plate one of the bangladeshi worker ask whether we want 1 or 10 plate… and we waited about half hour and no one wanted to take our oder and we keep calling for all this foreigner worker and no one seems to bother take the order….if this continue sooner or later their busniess might closed down..

20. Corgan says:

I had a really bad experience which turned me off from eating Murni ever since, two years ago ordered Roti Special and had terrible diarrhea + fever for a week man.

21. Murni Staff says:

Murni has its official Facebook page up & ready.

All recent announcements and updates are available via only that page.

No official website yet.

* BTW, to those who have not known yet, Murni has established 4 non-franchise branches already.

1. @ Aman Suria