Cendol & Rojak Van @ Section 17 Petaling Jaya

If you hang around Section 17 PJ often you would have noticed a cendol and rojak van near KDU that are popular among office workers. Well I am not a big fan of rojak so I am only interested in the cendol. And if you remembered, before this I did mention about another rojak cum cendol near the Taman Bahagia LRT Station, which I thought was pretty good for me at that time. But after discovering this, I never went back to the other one.

cendol

Tastiness aside, there are a few more reasons why I like this particular cendol more. Firstly, they provide proper bowls instead of those polystyrene ones – environmental friendlier. Secondly the blades they use are sharper hence able to produce finer shaved ice – I just hate biting on those coarse ice bits. Thirdly, although the price is cheap (RM1.20 small, RM1.50 big) they don’t really stinge on the ingredients so much that you feel like you are just drinking diluted coconut milk.

section 17 cendol

This cendol stall is one of the very few that I know of that actually includes grass jelly (cincau) into the dessert. For those who have stronger appetites then you should probably get the large serving because the extra portion is very worth the additional 30 cents paid.

cendol-lorry

Getting here is simple. If you are coming from SS2, from the famous Rothman roundabout (being converted into a junction currently) exit 9 o’clock and then take the second turning on the left and you will see them. Try it for yourself to see if you agree with me that this is one of the best cendols in town.

Cendol & Rojak Mustaffa
Jalan 17/41A (off Jalan 17/21)
Section 17, Petaling Jaya
GPS Coordinates: N3 07.183 E101 37.888
Business hours: Lunch onwards until finish around 5pm

1. Michelle says:

4 more months till kl!!! cheer for me! sigh, seeing this really kills me.
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Simply Cooking: 3-colour Spring Vegetable Namul (Namuru)

2. Ringo says:

After reading yr review, i want to give it a try! It’s very near to where i stay and every time i pass by the lorry i told myself i would try it one day but i never did. This time i shall. There are plenty of good food in section 17, the chicken rice and roasted pork in hong seng cafe is highly recommended.

3. nikel says:

My Favourite cendol..

4. J2Kfm says:

Yeah! Just the other day was lunching at the inconspicuous food court opposite of this. So much like a rundown wet market, you’d be surprised to find people of all races eating side by side though the Chinese stalls serve pork there.
    This cendol is good too, judging from a friend’s feedback.
    J2Kfm´s last blog post ..Frogs, Eels & Porridge @ Porridge Hut Restaurant, Ipoh

5. This food stall is near by my house and everday I also pass by it, its cendol very nice is one of my favourite.
    chee lee leng´s last blog post ..Penang Char Kway Teow – Another Best Snack In Penang

6. Teedaty says:

Keong keong, is not Tmn. Paramount LRT Station la. Is Tmn. Bhg. la. Pouchong really mess your road direction.

Sekian from:
    The

7. Suzanne says:

This is the BEST cendol in town!! No doubt… =)

8. Lyana says:

Can you tell me if they are there during the weekends?