Tong Pak Fu HK Dessert Restaurant @ Bukit Mertajam

Firstly, do not confuse this Tong Pak Fu with the HK one that recently launched at KLCC and Sunway Giza. In fact this is a Penang based dessert chain that has branches at Pulau Tikus, Raja Uda and Bukit Mertajam. Although their names share the same pronunciation in Cantonese, one word used is different. The HK one from HK uses 百 (hundred) while this one uses 伯 (uncle) for the ‘Pak’. I think anyone who does not pay enough attention to details might think they are the same.

tong-pak-fu-menu

The menu selection is quite limited and consists of the usual stuff you would find at any dessert shop, so no surprises here.

mango-dessert

Some mango dessert which I can’t recall its name. Couldn’t be bothered anyway because it is artificial as hell.

honeydew

Honeydew Sago, diluted like water. Honeydew balls given were scooped too near the fruit’s skin hence tough and not sweet at all. And the sago is just tasteless with a weird texture.

sunmelon-mini-sago

This is supposingly one of the top 10 sellers – Sunmelon Mini Sago. Same problem like the honeydew sago earlier, damn fail.

black-glutinuous-rice

Black Glutinous Rice soup, also another diluted and bland failure. After this I was simply boggled that someone who can’t even cook a common Malaysian dessert like this could open up a restaurant and serve it to people. Mind-blowing stuff, man.

tong-bo-hu

To sum it up, this is by far the worst dessert shop I have ever walked into. What a waste of time and money. Totally rubbish in my opinion.

No 1 Jalan Gemilang 1,
Pusat Perniagaan Germilang,
14000 Bukit Mertajam, Penang.

tong-pak-fu-menu

mango-dessert

honeydew

sunmelon-mini-sago

black-glutinuous-rice

tong-bo-hu

No 1 Jalan Gemilang 1,
Pusat Perniagaan Germilang,
14000 Bukit Mertajam, Penang.

14 Comments on “Tong Pak Fu HK Dessert Restaurant @ Bukit Mertajam

1. walau.. so bad one.. luckily no waste my time and money over time.. But i still saw alot ppl went into this shop.. weird..
    nikel´s last blog post ..Kenanga Food Court 何清圆美食中心 @ Kenanga Wholesale City 何清圆批发城 , KL

2. Man, just go to the tong pak (hundred) fu and get the real deal!

3. Danny

Kong Hee Fatt Choy ! V.Keong. Thanks for making my usual boring lunch at office delicious by just looking at your food pictures.

4. Your comments are very straight forward to the point. Good review there :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai, VKeong!
    wyyv´s last blog post ..Morib and Dong Zen Temple (东禅寺 )

5. gnetpac

gong xi fa cai!!!!

you surely don’t pull your punches!!! i like that.
    restaurateurs should have a pretty good idea what the real mccoy
    tastes like. we can all blame it on differences of individual taste buds…but the real test lies in the period of a restaurant’s existence, if nothing is done to improve. let’s see how acceptable it is to the folks in BM and for how long….

6. A very nice entry indeed… btw saya baru aje undi awak di
    Best F&B blog!!! all the best..

sudilah kiranya vote saya kembali blog saya untuk kategory THE WORST BLOG OF THE YEAR @ http://socialmediaweek.com.my/awards/category.php?id=33 dan undi http://www.bicaramakdara.com

terima kasihhhh!! =)

7. Hi, absolutely agree with your review !!!!!
    Dessert and Services both are terrible !
    Guess what , I went there today and ordered a oreo milk tea – it has no different with normal milk tea. Or i should say worse than the normal milk tea because it was like tasteless man ! Then I ordered banana sago. They served me with mango sago with green tea ice-cream on top ! I referred to the waitress and she said oppsss, they key in the wrong thing. Definitely I will say change it for me then. Surprisingly she said ummmm, we are not allowed to change the order. I was like, hey , Not I place the wrong order but You guys key in the wrong order instead. She agreed to change finally. After 20 mins, my friend reminded me about my dessert, I asked again. Damn, they said they forgot to key in . Great disappointment !!!!!

8. Black Glutinous Rice is very interesting and I love to try this one. Watching this photos make my stomach starve. And lastly I want to greet everybody kung hei fat choy.
    Fred´s last blog post ..how to get a girlfriend

9. huat

too expensive for a small town like BM. Not worth.

10. this is the power of blog.. then don’t have to go this dessert shop anymore. go and try others…
    proton used car´s last blog post ..2002 PROTON WIRA

11. yeah … totally agreed … the things there damn fail … and over price !! The Banana Shake i ordered was really awkful … taste like diluted condensed milk + ice ONLY … @.@

12. Eric

This Local Tong Pak fu really failed, my fren a I ,we both from Penang, last year we tried out the outlet at bw raja uda, otw back my fren vomited like half ..the dessert they serve really sucks and tasteless.

13. how about the “百“ one? nice or not?

1. I am boycotting the “百“ one :)