The Olive (MIGF Festival Menu) @ Maxims Genting, Genting Highlands Resort
A stellar menu specially crafted by Chef Daniel Sheen and his team for MIGF (Malaysia International Gourmet Festival) 2012 is set to tantalize the taste buds of The Olive‘s diners this October.
This beautiful restaurant located at the luxurious Maxims Genting offers a gastronomic dining experience from the appetizer to the dessert – a meal worthy of memory.
Hailing from Australia, Chef Daniel has roots in Italian cooking and a foundation in French nouvelle cuisine. His mastery in classical techniques and recipes has earned him a position as Chef De Cuisine at the impressive young age of 24. He is also well known for particular care in selecting ingredients to ensure his diners would get the best possible produce in their meals.
We skipped the Amuse Bouche and jumped right into the starter, a signature dish of Chef Daniel he highly recommends known as Portobello Carpaccio Pecorini, Grissini, Balsamic, Soft Herb. This masterpiece is basically Portobello mushroom (marinated in truffle and garlic oil) slices topped with shreds of ewe milk cheese, crunchy bread sticks, black truffle and bitter-sweet tasting herbs. But what really stands out is the balsamic vinegar, which has gone through a long twenty-five years of aging – giving it an incredible blend of intense yet pleasant flavor that lingers.
The devilishly creamy Celeriac Veloute Salted Code Mousse with Truffle Oil has more body than usual because makes use of pureed cod. You could taste two layers of flavor here, one being the light and unseasoned broth while the other is a dense, double-salted cod at the center. The idea is to mix both together to balance out the overall flavor and texture of the soup. So does it work? Yes.
For entrée, we had the Spatchcock Confit Baby Roma’s, Frissee, Kiwi Gazpacho – featuring succulent legs that had been marinated for over 20 hours for that extra bit of flavor. Delightfully refreshing with a fruity and zesty lemon and kiwi aroma.
Meat lovers will immediately fall in love with the fabulous Wagyu Short Rib, prepared using only Wagyu with a marble score of 5 that is not too fat or lean, just like butter. The fat that melts away during the slow cook is combined with red wine to create a reduction sauce that gives a rich finish to the short ribs and the resulting taste is simply divine. It also comes with creamy Smoked Porcini Risotto and Parnsip Puree.
For dessert, it is the elaborate Black Forest Molecular, Raspberry, Bitter Choc, Coconut Sago and Pistachio. Enjoy them separately or together, experiment with the different flavors and see which combination works the best for you. But I must say that heavenly dark chocolate is to die for, it makes a worthy end to a special meal that will be hard to forget.
- Door gift: wine bag
- Selected wines or champagne: enjoy 10% discount on 1st bottle and 20% discount on 2nd bottle
- Complimentary 1 glass of Lemoncello or Chocolate Grappa after dinner
- Beverage offer: Whisky Flight at RM55.00++ [T&C applied]
* Arran 10 Years Old [Region: Scottish Isles]
* Smokehead [Region: Islay]
* Benromach Traditional [Region: Speyside]
- Upgraded to private dining room for group come with 10 to 12 paxs. Subject to room availability.
- 50% discount on Maxims Genting Premier Room. Subject to room availability and valid from 1 to 31 October 2012
- Genting Limousine pick up within Klang Valley + festival menu [without wine pairing] at RM943.00 nett for 2 persons. Subject to limousine availability. T&C applied
- 10% discount to diner who settle with Genting Point & Worldcard Point. Subject to sufficient of point.
- 20% discount for All Body Massage and Facial Treatments at M-Spa & Fitness from 1 to 31 October 2012. Diners must produce festival dining receipt upon settling of payment.
Cuisine: Western Continental (Pork-Free)
Lobby Floor, Maxims Genting,
Genting Highlands Resort,
69000 Genting Highlands
GPS Coordinates: N3 25.437 E101 47.558
|© 2006-2012 vkeong.com - Images may not be copied, printed or otherwise disseminated without express written permission of vkeong.|
|This entry was posted by vkeong on October 11, 2012 at 8:24 am, and is filed under Advertorial, Food and Drink, Genting Highlands, Pahang, Pork Free, Western Food, With GPS Coordinates. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|