If there’s a worst service award for restaurants then Hou Xiang will definitely be one of the top contenders and probably win it as well. The staff is a bunch of incompetent blur sotongs and even the boss is a confused soul himself. All four different waiter and waitresses who attended us did the following during our short lunch:
- Got our table number wrong even though we pointed it out to him that it’s 18 not 19
- Got our orders wrong
- Brought food from another table to us
- The bill took 20 minutes to arrive and I had to remind 3 different staff including the boss himself who also forgot about it later – what a joke. I think they are just not bothered
- The wrong bill was given to us
- Change was given before we even paid, it was actually intended for another table [insert facepalm]
Moreover, the food is not even great to begin with – they are just cleverly disguised in vintage enamel wares for that gimmicky, nostalgic feel.
In all fairness their Chee Cheong Fun is alright, but not worth the anguish caused by the horrible service here.
The drinks suck. The iced coffee and tea tasted diluted and sugary – you are better off making your own 3-in-1 instant drinks at home.
Melaka cendol – not enough gula Melaka, not enough santan so not enough taste. This was left untouched after a few sips.
Yong Tau Fu – only passable quality at best and pricey @ RM1.70 each. At this price you’re better off eating at a real Yong Tau Fu restaurant.
Here’s the address if you want to experience utterly crap service and get free high blood pressure.Hou Xiang 60s Chee Cheong Fun
No. 17, Jalan Tanjung SD 13/2
Bandar Sri Damansara