Whether you like fine dining or not, there is no reason to miss the annual Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) The theme for MIGF 2013 is “Cool Chefs: Cooking With Attitude” and there will be a total of 31 participating restaurants featuring a combination of local and international cuisines from all over the world.
A road show was held at Sunway Pyramid last Friday to promote this event as well as showcasing some of the menu for TasteMIGF event, which will be held on 7th & 8th September 2013 from 11am-11pm at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre. This year, I will be promoting on behalf of Chakri Palace – the only Thai restaurant participating in the event.
If you are wondering, TasteMIGF is a preview event for the MIGF where the public could purchase Taste Tokens (valued at RM5 each and sold in booklets of 10) to redeem delicious, small tasting portions from the participating restaurants. If you have been to fundraising events you will know how this works.
You could purchase the tokens on the venue on the day itself but it is always better to buy online in advance to avoid any possible queues. Besides, you also get to enjoy a special 5% discount when you buy the tokens online at TasteMIGF’s website.
And here’s a teaser of some of the many fine dishes to expect at TasteMIGF.
Head Chef of Chakri Palace (Nipa Nutto) posing with her creation – Thai Papaya Salad
1. Grilled Beef, Grilled Wagyu Houbayaki, Wagyu Rose, Leek, Japanese Eggplant & Aka Miso by Minori
2. Sous Vide of Australian Lamb Loin, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on The Vine, Russet Potatoes and Beetroot, Au Jus by Grill 582
3. Kira Kira Sunrise by Kiraku Japanese Restaurant
4. Slowly Cooked King Fish in an Orange Transparency, Citrus “Escabeche”, Wild Peach Puree by Cuisine Gourmet By Nathalie
5. Folded Veal with Buffalo Mozzarella by Blu Med Ristorante E Bar
1. Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola by Samplings on The Fourteenth Restaurant
2. Sun and Sea “Viva Langkawi” by Seasonal Tastes of The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
3. Trio of Kebab by Tarbush
4. Ayam Percik Buluh with Kerabu Pucuk Paku by Kelantan Delights
What better ways to spend your weekend by indulging in a spectacular gastronomy of fine cuisines, but in a fun and relaxed atmosphere? So just bring your family and friends along because everyone is invited.