Would you like to purchase travel insurance? That dreaded question always appear every time you book a flight. It’s a tried-and-true method of selling and you almost feel bad if you didn’t agree to purchase. Sometimes you end up buying, but sometimes you don’t.
If money is not a problem, I guess we would all be traveling with insurance. In fact, with the best available policy we can get our hands on. That means travel insurance is actually a smart thing to have.
Speaking from my own experience, the longest trip I ever took was to Europe about 7 years ago. That time, I visited 12 countries over 30 days. Although I had the time of my life, there were a few incidents that marred the experience.
My new phone was stolen on a night train and I had to visit a hospital in Czech Republic after I contracted bed bugs in Austria. Can you see the rashes on my arms? It’s MUCH worse on my legs.
Maybe those mishaps were destined to happen, but what if I bought a travel insurance with medical benefits? I bet things would have gone a lot better after that. At least I would have been able to claim for my lost luggage and the medical expenses incurred. If I had the ability to turn back time, I would have definitely bought a travel insurance.
For frequent travelers, having an annual travel insurance plan would be a better choice for economic reason. You will definitely save more compared to purchasing travel insurance on ad hoc basis.
For that matter, I attended RHB Insurance’s Annual Travel Protector briefing recently to learn more about their travel insurance. It’s a perfect all-rounder that suits frequent traveler because the plan covers the insured for the entire year – regardless of the number of trips taken.
RHB Insurance’s Annual Travel Protector (available in Advance and Supreme plan) gives you a comprehensive coverage from as low as RM0.80 per day.
Besides the usual coverage you’d expect, it also offers many revolutionary and interesting benefits. Here are a few that I think are worth highlighting:
- Ransom payment as a result of kidnap and hostage for both overseas and local travels
- Daily income benefit up to 60 days in case of hospitalization
- Child care benefit like hiring nanny or professional childcare services
- Unlimited 24 hours emergency evacuation and repatriation
- Loss of deposit due to abscondment or insolvency of travel agency – so you can purchase holiday packages in travel fairs with a peace of mind
- Home care benefit – compensation of up to RM2000 in the event of burglary
- Cost and additional accommodation, travel and communication expenses incurred due to loss of travel documents
Click on the images for full sized versions. To get a better gist of this handy travel insurance head on to the product’s official page.